ROCKET LEAGUE® HOT WHEELS® RC RIVALS SET HELP AND FAQ
GETTING STARTED / SET-UP
Before purchasing Rocket League® Hot Wheels® RC Rivals, make sure your device meets minimum requirements below:
- iOS 10 or newer, iPhone and iPad models
- Android OS 5.0 or newer, most Android devices are compatible
You can also find out if your device works with Hot Wheels® Rocket League® RC Rivals by searching for the Hot Wheels® Rocket League® RC Rivals App on the App Store or on Google Play. If your device cannot find and download the app, this means that your device is not compatible.
NOTE: The list of compatible devices may change at any time and without any notice.
Yes! You will control the RC cars with your smart device via Bluetooth. Before connecting your smart device to the cars, make sure your device’s Bluetooth is on. Be sure to check the device compatibility list to make sure your device is supported!
Note: When first connecting, the app may request that you enable location on your device. This is a feature of Bluetooth Secure pairing. The app is not tracking your location.
No. WiFi is not required to play with the product, but a WiFi connection is required to make over-the-air firmware updates to the cars, if necessary.
- Make sure your device’s Bluetooth is on.
- Turn on the cars by sliding the button on the bottom to the ON position (vehicle’s tail light should begin flashing). Remember to charge them first!
- Open the app and select the car you want to pair with your device. The app will recommend connecting with the car that is closest to you.
- The cars will be actively advertise their Bluetooth connectivity for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, car’s tail light will stop flashing which means car is no longer looking for connection. In order to connect to the car, You need to cycle the power on/off to get them to broadcast Bluetooth again.
- Remember that one smart device is need for a one player game. Two devices are needed for a two-player game. The system will support up to 6 cars per multiplayer game (Cars are not sold separately).
HOW LONG DO I NEED TO CHARGE THE CARS BEFORE PLAYING? HOW DO I KNOW IF THE CARS IN THE BASE ARE CHARGING?
- Turn OFF the cars before charging.
- Be sure the cars click into the chargers fully. You should hear a sound when they click!
- The LED lights on the charging base will be solid ON when the cars are charging.
- If the LED lights on the charging base are flashing, the cars are not charging. Remove car and reseat onto charging base.
- The LED lights will turn OFF when the car is fully charged.
- Challenge mode lets you practice without the need of an additional player
- Multiplayer mode is for 2 and up to 6 players (each player must have their own device to control the car)
- Adjust your speed: Tap on the speed icon at the top left corner of the screen. The slower you are, the easier it is to control the car.
- Change the type of controller: The game comes with a pre-set controller (up/down and left/right buttons). However, you can change this into a joystick! Go to the settings menu at the top right corner and select the joystick mode. Give it a try.
You will be able to redeem the DLC using the platform of your choice (PlayStation® 4, Xbox™ One, Nintendo Switch™ or Steam™). Select ‘Extras’ on the ‘Main Menu’ and then ‘Redeem Code’. Enter your valid 12-digit redemption code that appears in the Quick Start guide. Enjoy! Remember you can only redeem this code once.
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device (in your smart device’s Bluetooth setting), and the car is switched ON and lights are blinking. Cycle power ON/OFF on the cars to get them into Bluetooth “advertising” mode again (tail light LED should be flashing).
Right on the goalpost is an IR beam that registers the scoring of a goal. If the ball scores a goal, this beam is disabled for a few seconds to give you time to grab your ball out of the goal and reset for the next play. If you place your hand or other object through the goal any other time, a goal will trigger. The Host can remove a false goal score via the app.
Make sure your car’s tires are clean and the arena mat is stretched fully with no lumps or creases.
Turn up the volume on your smart device. Check to see if your device has been set to silent mode.
Can’t find what you’re looking for here?
Contact Mattel Customer Service at https://service.mattel.com/us/ContactUs.aspx or 1-877-219-8335